Introducing Quooker Taps
Quooker taps really are the taps that do it all. We explore why Quooker taps are the best on the market and how it can help you and the environment.
Hot water taps have been a staple in the modern kitchen for a while now. The Quooker tap uses revolutionary technology, making it an economically and environmentally friendly.
“With a Quooker in your home, everything goes faster. You never need to wait for water to boil. You just fill your saucepan with boiling water, add your vegetables and simply place the saucepan on the cooker. Making a cup of tea takes only seconds. And what about all those bottles of mineral water that you have to lug around? That becomes a thing of the past when you connect a Quooker CUBE to your Quooker. Because besides cold, hot and boiling water, you can then also dispense cool sparkling and filtered water from your tap. Easy, fast and better for the environment”.
So, how does the Quooker system work?
The Quooker system consists of a small tank, that gets installed into your kitchen cupboard and is linked to your boiling water tap. The tank essentially acts as vacuum flask connected to your water mains. The air in the insulated wall is so thin that the heat is unable to escape, therefore taking very little energy (just 10 watts) to keep the water in the tank at 110°C. The water will only start to boil when the tap is turned on and the temperature of the outflowing water drops to 100°C. While the water is flowing out of the tap, fresh water immediately flows into the tank.
The range of tanks:
Quooker has developed a range of different tanks.
- PRO3: instant boiling water.
- COMBI: instant boiling and hot water from a cold feed only.
- The CUBE: an extra tank that is installed beside the boiling water tank in your kitchen cabinet. It contains a Hollow Fibre filter that purifies the water. A CO2 cylinder attached to the tank gives you 60 litres of chilled, sparkling water.
They all have the patented high-vacuum insulation, which keeps the water at the right temperature in an energy-efficient manner. The standby power consumption is as little at 3p/ day.
The benefits of a Quooker tap:
- dispenses everything from the same tap: hot, cold, and boiling and, in combination with the CUBE, cool sparkling and filtered water
- dispenses real boiling water (so 100°C)
- dispenses filtered water
- uses less energy (energy label A for COMBI)
- is safer to use
- has a much more compact tank
- has a longer life because the tank can be opened and rinsed out from time to time
- can also be connected to the hot water pipe.